Sellers choose to keep their listings private for a number of reasons:
- Decrease Foot Traffic – if you’re living in the home you’re still selling, it’s not always easy to have tons of showings. in their homes, especially if you have pets or children.
- The Internet – not everyone is okay with the idea of having their homes and personal belongings on display on Zillow and Redfin. While more exposure usually equates to a quicker sale and more offers, some sellers are fine waiting for that one perfect buyer
- Keeping a Low Profile – celebrities, CEO’s and Government officials often elect to keep a private listing, for obvious reasons!
You’ll find out about these when a homeowner decides they want to sell, but they aren’t quite ready to put it on the market. Getting a home ready for selling can be a lot of work! Maybe they signed a listing agreement with a Realtor in September, but it won’t go live until December.
You might not be able to see the property in person, but working with a savvy realtor can get you access to the info before everyone else does
“Coming Soon” Listings
This happens when someone has signed a listing agreement, is ready to sell but there are a few days lag between the listing going live and the signing of the listing agreement. Photos, lockboxes, working out showing availability – usually 3 days.
And Most Importantly – How to Find Them
You came to the right place! The first step is working with an experienced and savvy realtor who knows what you want and is willing to go out and find it for you. Not everyone
Just enter your info below, and make sure to add some details about what you’re looking for, including:
– Property type – condo, single family, multi unit? Combo?
– Ideal number of bedrooms, bathrooms, and any other must haves
– Price range